Melbourne, South Yarra, and Prahran Counselling and Psychotherapy Services (also in Spanish and online)
If you’re making changes in your life, this can increase feelings of anxiety, possible depression or other intense emotions. Perhaps you feel stuck because you’re not moving forward, and you don’t know where to turn to get help.
Ignoring or negating your emotions while navigating through your life might not be working out for you anymore. Consequently, different aspects of your life will be affected such as your relationships, your work or your health.
Perhaps your relationship with others is strained, or your working life might feel meaningless. Perhaps your health is suffering and your body is showing the signs of all the stress caused in trying to work through your emotions.
signs of depression include:
- Panic attacks
- Anxiety attacks
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feeling angry for no reason
- Feelings of overwhelming and spontaneous sadness
- Confusion about making decisions or taking action
- Relationship difficulties or conflict with friends or family
- Feeling isolated, disconnected or lonely
- Fear of expressing yourself or taking control of situations
- Feelings of guilt and or shame
- Feeling helpless or hopeless about your current situation
- Lacking meaning and purpose in your life
Identifying and exploring these emotions with psychotherapy can bring about the clarity you need to take control of your life.
Your emotions can be used as a map to navigate your life, your choices and how you make sense of your relationship with yourself, others and the world in general.
Getting to know yourself through how you emotionally experience life can lead you to not just knowing yourself but also to create a new life that is more authentic where more of your potential is fulfilled. Psychotherapy can help you achieve this.
Throughout my career as a psychotherapist/counsellor I have worked with people from all walks of lives, different life stages, and different attitudes. I have had the privilege to have witnessed others blossom from a state of ‘stuckness’ and helplessness to becoming more independent, spontaneous and courageous in facing life’s uncertainties.
Their response to psychotherapy has always been the exhilarating experience of getting in touch with who they are and consequently creating a happier life.
Psychotherapy can assist you in:
- Developing clarity about your life and your relationships
- Increasing your motivation to take action
- Experiencing more courage in various aspect of your life
- Learning to trust yourself and the choices you make
- Increasing your self-esteem in facing life’s uncertainties
- Becoming more flexible and accepting of yourself, others and life in general
- Explore and redefining your life’s goals and vision
- Creating a more meaningful life that gives you joy and pleasure
What to expect from me as your psychotherapist/counsellor
- Choosing me as your psychotherapist means you will be treated with respect. You are the expert of your own life.
- I will be a professional but most of all a person who’s goal is to walk beside you on a journey to discovering your own path. My role will be to help you find your own way rather than tell you or instruct you how or who to be. You have the answers I have the questions.
- I have helped many people re discover themselves and gain the confidence to create their own path.
Are you ready to expand your horizons with the help of effective psychotherapy?
If so, please contact Grace on 0400 299 913 for a 15-minute obligation-free consultation.
Anxiety and Depression Counselling Melbourne CBD, Prahran, South Yarra, St Kilda.